Porter Adventist Hospital offers a range of behavioral health services, from outpatient appointments to acute care hospitalization. Services are listed from the least restrictive to the most restrictive care.
- The Centre for Behavioral Health – offers outpatient services, including psychiatrists, therapists, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Groups and a Chemical Dependency-Intensive Outpatient Program (CD-IOP).
- Psychiatric Day Treatment Program – offers psychiatric day treatment or Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) – offers expert inpatient and outpatient ECT services.
- Acute Care Hospitalization – offers inpatient hospitalization for those with severe behavioral health problems and those in need of medical detox services.
- Geri-Psych Unit – dedicated to providing psychiatric hospitalization to those over 65 years of age. Read more about the Geri-Psych program.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy Group – designed for those who are stepping down either from an acute inpatient hospitalization, Partial Hospital Program (PHP), or Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), or as a step-up treatment adjunct to outpatient providers (psychiatrist and therapist).