Dr. Douglas A. Dennis
Colorado Joint Replacement - 720-524-1367
Dr. Dennis' career has been driven by a passion and commitment to advancing the success of orthopedic surgery by helping people lead active lives through joint replacement procedures. By spending countless hours on orthopedic research, Dr. Dennis has received numerous awards and accolades for his research and was a recipient of the prestigious John Insall Award for in 2010. He has also been named as one of the top 26 knee surgeons in the United States by Orthopedics This Week.
Dr. Dennis was awarded his M.D. from the Medical College of Ohio, completed an orthopedic residency at Ohio State University and received fellowship training in arthritis surgery from Dr. Mack Clayton at the Denver Orthopaedic Clinic.
Professional and Academic Credits
- Named one of the top 26 knee surgeons in the country by Orthopedics This Week, July 2012
- Recognized among the “125 Knee Surgeons and Specialists to Know” by Becker’s Spine Review, January 2012
- Recipient of John Insall Award for research on knee replacement, March 2012
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Co-medical Director of the Porter Center for Joint Replacement
- Director of Clinical Research, Rocky Mountain Musculoskeletal Research Laboratory
- Member and Examiner, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedics Surgeons
- Past President, National Knee Society and American Association of Arthritic Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Design consultant to numerous research entities in the design of both total hip and total knee replacements
- Director, Operation Walk Denver, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing joint replacements to indigent people abroad
- Published more than 150 journal articles and book chapters in the field of hip and knee replacement
- Education Committee Member, National Hip Society
- Bachelor of Science, Bowling Green State University, 1976
- Medical Degree from the Medical College of Ohio
- Postgraduate studies include an orthopaedic residency at Ohio State University in Columbus
- Fellowship training in arthritis surgery from Dr. Mack Clayton at the Denver Orthopaedic Clinic.