Emergency Medical Care in Denver
At the Porter Adventist Hospital Emergency Department (ER) located in central Denver, we pride ourselves on timely, around-the-clock emergency medical care and promise that you will be seen by a physician or physician's assistant within 30 minutes of arrival. So, the next time you need emergency services, get to the only hospital in the Denver area that will promise you'll be seen in 30 minutes–Porter Emergency Department. Want to know why fast action makes a difference? Read Rosie's story...
Our Emergency Department provides care for all major illnesses including specialized teams to provide the most up to date emergency treatment for cardiac care, heart attack and stroke patients. We are staffed with a team of expert and seasoned health care professionals who ensure that patients receiving emergency services receive the finest care possible.
- Know Before You Go - Find Porter's ER Wait Time now! Porter Adventist Hospital was the first hospital in Denver to post our ER Wait Times and up date them every 15 minutes!
- The Porter Emergency Department in central Denver is easily accessible. Download a map now or view our Google map below.
- Emergency physicians at Porter Adventist Hospital, are all board certified in emergency medicine and have access to a full range of specialty on-call physicians.
- The nursing staff is a committed team of professionals who all have specialty certifications including trauma nurse core curriculum, pediatric advanced life support or emergency nursing pediatric course, advanced cardiac life support, and neonatal resuscitation provider.
- State-of-the-art ED has 24 beds, the latest technology and separate private areas.
- Stroke Program with 20 minute stroke to CT completion policy and close partnership with local EMS to assure rapid response to all incoming stroke and TIA patients.
- Porter has a new cardiac short stay unit providing prompt care and shorter stays for low-risk chest pain patients. Learn more about the Cardiac Short Stay Unit at Porter Adventist Hospital.
- iTriage is healthcare in your hand. Porter Adventist Hospital partnered with iTriage in order to provide you with access to medical information about more than 300 symptoms, 1,000 diseases and 350 medical procedures, in the palm of your hand.