Known for its compassion, Porter Adventist Hospital was founded in 1930 on a promise that it would nourish the physical, mental and spiritual health of the community. Guided by a calling to bring science and spirit together, Porter also is widely recognized for providing excellent care in many complex specialty areas, including heart, cancer, transplant, joint replacement, spine, diabetes and hand and eye care.
By the Numbers
- 1,250 associates
- 980 affiliated physicians
- 368 licensed beds
- 10,796 annual admissions*
- 24,725 annual emergency room visits*
- $14.1 million in uncompensated and charity care provided annually*
*For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012
- Porter’s award-winning, full-service Heart and Vascular Institute offers screenings, diagnostics, chest pain evaluation center, cardiac catheterization lab, electrophysiology lab, open-heart surgery program, and the heart success line---an outpatient follow-up program for congestive heart failure patients, as well as rehabilitation and prevention services.
- The Porter Cancer Care Center offers standard comprehensive services, PET-CT diagnostic scanning, linear accelerator, IMRT, genetic counseling, complimentary therapies and more. The Porter Cancer Care Center is nationally accredited by the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Radiology.
- The Porter Center for Joint Replacement is one of the largest programs in the region. It has an international reputation for research and surgical excellence. As one of the first robotic surgery programs in the Denver area, the Porter Robotics Institute has quickly become the regional leader in a variety of minimally invasive robotic procedures.
- The Porter Robotics Institute is the region’s leading provider of advanced, multispecialty robotic surgery for men and women.
- The Porter Breast Care Center is a full-service program offering interventional treatments for breast cancer. This center features a full-time nurse specialist as well as a dedicated breast radiologist who is fellowship trained in breast and women’s imaging.
- Porter’s transplant program has performed more than 1,300 organ transplants, including kidney, kidney/pancreas and liver transplants since its inception in 1986.
- The Porter Liver Care Center is a unique service dedicated to the highly complex care of patients with liver and other hepatobiliary system diseases. Created in 2000, the Liver Care Center holds weekly conferences which are attended by physicians from appropriate subspecialties to diagnose and present treatment options for complex liver diseases. This service is offered to any and all referring physicians free of charge to them or their patients.
Community and Patient Resources
- Porter’s Web site, www.porterhospital.org, features extensive medical, symptom and drug resources; health assessments; online registration; in-depth information on services, classes & programs; patient stories; hospital and neighborhood amenities and additional medical resources.
- CarePages at www.porterhospital.org offers a free personalized Web page to help family and friends communicate during hospitalization and recovery.
- Porter Hospital offers free health information and physician referrals: 303-777-6877.
- The Porter Hospital Foundation supports the important work of the hospital. To give a gift, visit porterhospitalfoundation.org.