Genetic Counseling in Denver
This process includes:
- Collecting and interpreting your individual and family medical histories to assess the chance of disease occurrence or recurrence.
- Educating you about inheritance, testing, management, prevention, resources and research.
- Providing counseling that can help you make informed choices or better adapt to a health risk or condition.
At Porter Adventist Hospital, we recognize the importance of using genetic counseling services to promote informed decisions about health, cancer screening, and genetic conditions. Our certified genetic counselor provides genetic counseling services in the following three areas:
- Cancer Risk & Hereditary Cancer
- Preconception & Carrier Screening
- General Genetic Counseling