Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
- Program Overview
- Who is Approriate for IOP
- Program Schedules
- Information and Refferals
- Our Expert Clinical Team
The Behavioral Health Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) consists of specialized group therapy sessions led by clinical therapists. This is a skills-based program, emphasizing the use of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT).
The IOP primarily serves people with mood and anxiety disorders such as major depression, bipolar disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder. The program also accepts participants with other disorders such as schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder who are already stabilized on medication.
Additionally, on a case-by-case basis, the IOP is now accepting those with severe but stable medical problems (congestive heart failure, cancer, transplant, etc.) with a primary diagnosis of a mood disorder (and other parity diagnoses) and those with traumatic brain injury.
- IOP takes place 9 a.m.- 12 p.m., Monday through Friday. The program consists of a Goals Group, a DBT Group, and ends with a Coping Skill Group or CBT Group.
- The IOP runs a minimum of six weeks on a tapering schedule. Some participants have a longer length of stay based upon symptom severity and medical necessity. We do not do short-term admissions.
- For outpatient providers, the IOP requires a completed Referral Sheet to be faxed back. For facilities, we require records sent to us at our fax – 303-765-3701.
- For referred patients, please call us directly at 303-778-5770 so we can complete a telephone screening and schedule an intake appointment. Our goal is to schedule intakes within three program days of the telephone screening.
- Licensed, Board Certified Psychiatrists
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Mental Health Counselors