Porter Center for Joint Replacement
When it comes to joint replacement surgery, there are general orthopedists who occasionally perform joint replacements and then there are skilled joint replacement specialists who are dedicated solely to the science and practice of artificial joint replacement surgery. At the Porter Center for Joint Replacement, our advanced knee and hip replacement program is led by some of the nation’s top orthopedic surgeons who have one, and only one focus: joint replacement excellence.
By partnering with Colorado Joint Replacement, one the region’s highest volume, most honored and continually distinguished joint replacement practices, the Porter Center for Joint Replacement offers patients with arthritis and joint pain treatment solutions that are backed by unmatched skill, expertise and experience.
Distinguished Care and Expertise
Colorado Joint Replacement and the Porter Center for Joint Replacement are a center of excellence that boasts:
- More than 1,500 knee and hip replacements each year
- An outstanding 99% patient satisfaction rate as reported by an independent study
- Two of the top 26 knee surgeons in the U.S., Dr. Douglas A. Dennis and Dr. Raymond H. Kim, as recognized by Orthopedics This Week
- Recognition from U.S. News & World Report for excellence in orthopedics
- National and international recognition for the research and development of artificial joints
- More than 700 journal articles and chapters published about knee and hip replacement
- International fellowship training in the latest hip, knee and shoulder joint replacement techniques
- Two recipients of the prestigious John Insall Award for research on total knee replacements – Dr. Douglas A. Dennis and Dr. Raymond H. Kim
- Recognition for exceptional clinical quality for knee and hip replacement by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield and UnitedHealthcare
Specialized Hospital Environment for Joint Replacement Patients
The Porter Center for Joint Replacement provides an exclusive, joint replacement-only hospital wing that features beautiful décor, scenic views, and large, private rooms designed specifically for joint replacement patients.
Along with dedicated case managers, clinical nurse specialists, nutritionists and clinical pharmacists, all Porter Center for Joint Replacement operating room, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and post-operative nursing teams are devoted solely to the care of joint replacement patients and have advanced training in orthopedic care.
State-of-the-Art Orthopedic Operating Suites
All joint replacement surgeries at the Porter Center for Joint Replacement are conducted in one of Porter Adventist Hospital’s six dedicated orthopedic operating suites. Built in 2007 for the sole purpose of joint replacement surgery, our dedicated orthopedic operating rooms are among the most sophisticated, sterile and state-of-the art surgical suites for joint replacement in the region.
Specializing in Joint Replacement
Our world-class orthopedic specialists are among the top experts in the Rocky Mountain region when it comes to the diagnosis and treatment of painful, arthritic or damaged joints. Our specialties include:
- Hip resurfacing arthroplasty
- Partial knee replacement
- Patello-femoral resurfacing of the knee
- Total shoulder replacement
- Complex revision hip and knee replacement
- Anterior hip replacement surgery
Expert Orthopedic Surgeons
The orthopedic surgeons of the Porter Center for Joint Replacement are dedicated to alleviating knee, hip and joint pain by staying abreast of the latest treatments, technologies, research and surgical techniques in the field of joint replacement. Our dedicated team of joint replacement experts include:
Visit coloradojoint.com for more information or to schedule an appointment.
At the Porter Center for Joint, our mission is to enhance the quality of life by providing excellence in clinical care, participating in leading research endeavors and providing support for international outreach programs that provide surgical care for those suffering from severe arthritis in developing countries throughout the world.
The Porter Center for Joint Replacement was envisioned by a group of orthopedic surgeons dedicated to providing world-class care in Denver.
Porter Center for Joint Replacement physicians and the expert surgeons of Colorado Joint Replacement in Denver are renowned for their expertise, performing thousands of joint replacement surgeries each year, as well as training other surgeons from around the world in the latest techniques in joint replacement.