Stroke Care in Denver
Porter is now certified as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission for the excellent care we provide for our stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) patients. Our stroke program includes:
- 20 minute stroke alert to CT completion policy for patients arriving with symptoms of stroke or TIA.
- 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week on-call neurologists and neursurgeons.
- Close partnership with local EMS to assure rapid response to all incoming stroke and TIA patients.
- On-site acute stroke rehabilitation program.
- Community Outreach and education. Access our online stroke resources...
Porter's Stroke Program Honored
The American Heart Association's Get with the Guidelines (GWTG) program has awarded Porter Adventist Hospital with a Stroke Gold Performance Achievement Award. The award recognizes hospitals that demonstrate at least 85 percent compliance in each of the seven GWTG-Stroke Achievement Measures, and the Gold Award recognizes performance of at least 24 consecutive months.
If you have any of the following signs of stroke call 911 immediately!
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination.
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
Always dial 911 if you think you or someone you are with is having a stroke.
For more conditions and procedures related to stroke click here.